On October 1, 2016 shall come into effect a new “Procedure for the production of applications for registration of documents for traveling of Ukrainian citizens abroad for permanent residence”, approved by order of the Ministry of Interior from №816 16.08.2016g.
(Hereinafter – the Order), which defines the procedure for receiving and reviewing applications, making of them, as well as the execution of decisions taken. This document has been designed “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine regarding the documents that prove citizenship of Ukraine, of identity or her special status to liberalize the EU visa regime for Ukraine” on demand received two months earlier, the Law of Ukraine, which also come into force on October 1, and will replace the old order of 2004.
In accordance with the new procedure, the application for registration of documents for traveling abroad for permanent residence is served in the territorial division of the State Migration Service at the place of registration of the person in Ukraine to the head of the territorial body of the GMR. Persons under 16 years of serving the application in person (in duplicate), and on behalf of persons who have not attained the age of 16, as well as recognized by the court as partially capable or incapable – a statement filed by a legal representative (one of the parents, adoptive parents, guardians and etc.).
It should be borne in mind that for a child between 14 and 16 years of age also need it notarized consent to travel abroad for permanent residence.
Together with the application the following documents are submitted:
- Three photos 3,5 x 4,5
- Proof of identity (for persons under 14 years of – Ukrainian passport, for children under 14 years of age – a birth certificate), original and copy
- certificate of registration place of residence in Ukraine, original and copy
- document confirming the payment established by legislation
In the case of applying the legal representative further submitted:
- A document certifying his identity, and if it is not the child’s parent, is served a document confirming his powers as legal representative, originals and copies
- Notarized consent of legal representatives to travel abroad for permanent residence the person, the legal representatives of which they are (or a copy of the death certificate or a copy of a court decision on deprivation of parental rights / for recognition incompetent / partially capable / missing / declaring him dead ). The legal representative can give their written consent personally at the time of application. In case of disagreement of one of the legal representatives must provide a copy of the court decision, duly certified.
Accepted applications are considered in the period up to three months. During this time, the territorial authority of HMS employee establishes the presence or absence of grounds for temporary travel abroad restrictions, directing this request to the territorial bodies of the SBU and Natspolitsii, as well as checks on accounting information kept by the territorial body of the GMR.
No later than 5 working days after receiving the results of all inspections of the territorial body of the GMR makes a decision on registration or refusal of registration of documents for traveling abroad, and prepares the decision as a mark in a statement. Next, within 5 working days of the decision the territorial authority shall inform the applicant. In case of refusal to process documents for traveling abroad communicate the grounds for refusal and the procedure for appealing the decision. In case of a positive decision on the preparation of documents for traveling abroad, according to the further action that the applicant must be taken within six months:
- remove the registration of their place of residence in Ukraine;
- to provide a territorial authority LCA Ukrainian passport and passport (if there are two – both) a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad to make statements about the design of going abroad for permanent residence;
- For help DFS payment of tax on personal income and the absence of tax liability for this tax.
It is expected that the new procedure will simplify the procedure of registration of documents and bring it in line with changes in the law on the introduction of biometric passports.