Published: 23.12.2019 news
Form of government:Presidential Republic
Area:51 100 km2
The Republic of Costa Rica is one of the smallest countries in Central America. Despite this, the state is in second place in terms of living standards, which corresponds to its name. Translated from Spanish, "Costa Rica" means Rich Coast. The main sources of income for the state is the export of agricultural products and medical equipment. In addition, foreign investment and tourism bring significant funds to Costa Rica.
The population of Costa Rica is about 4.5 million people. The official language is Spanish, but part of the population speaks English. The capital, San Jose, is a major administrative and economic center. The monetary unit used for internal settlements is called the Costa Rican colón.
Costa Rica is a full member of the WTO and a signatory to the 1961 Hague Convention. It attracts entrepreneurs from all over the world who wish to open an online gambling business. So-called online casinos are completely legal in Costa Rica. At the same time, the current account for their service may be located in Europe.
Among the main advantages of starting a business in the Republic of Costa Rica are the following:
- possibility of tax planning;
- registration of a license for opening an online casino and a merchant account (a trading account for accepting electronic payments);
- a license can be issued within 1 month;
- the possibility of introducing the role of nominee directors and shareholders;
- non-disclosure of financial information to third parties;
- choice of any currency for the formation of the authorized capital. Usually its amount is at least 100 US dollars or 10,000 Costa Rican colones;
- shareholders or directors of companies may be individuals or legal entities;
- Costa Rica has an agreement with the United States of America to avoid double taxation;
- the presence of a director is not necessary for the registration of a company.