Seminar «Deoffshorization and new trends in the international tax planning»
The seminar will provide answers to the following questions:
- What are the consequences of the scandal with the Panama offshore companies?
- How to build a scheme of work with a foreign bank that would solve the problems with foreign exchange controls?
- Are there any new schemes of work without offshore? What reasonable alternatives to Panama and Cyprus?
- How to build inheritance assets?
- Should we turn a blind eye to some of the trends?
Seminar program (duration 4 hours)
- Changes to the international tax law and the basic tendencies of international tax planning:
- 1.1.BEPS plan and its implementation;
- 1.2.The trend of disclosure of beneficial owners. EU Directives and their implementation. A public register of supervisory persons in UK from 2016;
- 1.3.The automatic exchange of tax information according to a common standard automatic exchange of information (CRS);
- 1.4.Substance as a new tax planning requirement.
- Ukrainian legislation regulates the work of non-residents:
- 2.1.Tax Code of Ukraine, the analysis of the main items of regulating work with foreign companies;
- 2.2.Rules of exchange controls and the current foreign exchange restrictions;
- 2.3.To disclose the beneficial owners’ rights;
- 2.4.Licensing of Currency Operations;
- 2.5.Signs of fraudulent deals;
- 2.6.Transfer pricing rules (brief analysis of the application of the rules);
- 2.7.Practical aspects of proving the beneficial recipient of income.
- Analysis of schemes of work with the consideration of tax jurisdictions features:
- 3.1.Trading companies in the EU: new tax challenges;
- 3.2.Investment schemes, loans, royalties and gross costs;
- 3.3.Scheme of holding and taking into account changes to the legislation;
- 3.4.Scheme of the confidential ownership analysis of possible instruments on viability;
- 3.5.Trusts and foundations as a way of building inheritance scheme;
- 3.6.Features of construction schemes for electronic commerce: taxation and the right structure;
- 3.7.Copyright and royalties: Features of construction and payments using copyright.
- Bank of non-resident company, the new requirements:
- 4.1.Rules for identification and control of the beneficiary;
- 4.2.Indicators of suspicious transactions according to bank procedures;
- 4.3.Review of Banks and features opening accounts (Latvia, Poland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Slovakia and Hong Kong);
- 4.4.Alternative currency, payments using electronic money;
- 4.5.Service fiduciary deposit bank selection jurisdiction, rates and basic conditions of banks.