Form of government:Presidential Republic
Area:1 285 216 км2
Currency:Peruvian New Sol (PEN)
Company registration in Peru
Types of companies
Non-residents can open limited liability companies for conducting their business in Peru. They include:
- Commercial limited liability companies, corresponding to our LLC;
- ordinary corporations - (Soc iedad An o nima ordinaria) - with a maximum number of shareholders of 750;
- anonymous corporations - (Sociedad Anonima Abierta) - without restrictions on the number of shareholders;
- closed corporations - (Sociedad An o nima Cerrada) - no more than 29 shareholders. This form of ownership has become the most popular among foreign residents of Peru.
Requirements for the company
In order to obtain the right to open a company in Peru, you must have a tourist visa, a government permit for the establishment of the company, as well as a work visa or an investor visa. The minimum amount of a share of each participant of the enterprise is not determined. However, in order to obtain an investor visa it is necessary to own a share of at least 25 thousand US dollars. At the same time, at least 80% of Peruvians must be employed at the enterprise.
In order to open your company in Peru it is necessary:
- to provide a business plan to the Directorate of Naturalization and Immigration;
- to get permission to legalize the signature of the owner of the company;
- to establish the Articles of Association of the enterprise and other constituent documents, and then have them certified by a notary;
- to pass the procedure of registration of a corporate account in the bank of Peru, to which it is necessary to contribute at least 25% of the authorized capital of the enterprise;
- to be registered in the Public Register;
- have a municipal license that is issued by the City Council.
- a resident card is issued for the managers of the company.
Annual reporting and audit
During the first five years after the registration of small and medium-sized businesses in Peru, foreign owners are required to re-register their company annually.