Form of government:Dependent territory
Area:1 104 km2
Currency:Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
Open a corporate account with Standard Chartered Bank (HK) Limited
Documents required to open an account with Standard Chartered Bank (HK) Limited
- Original or certified copy of the Business Registration Certificate.
- Original or certified copy of registration certificate.
- Originals or certified copies of Forms D1, D2A, D2B, Annual Return Form AR1, Share Offering Report SC1.
- Original or certified copy of the Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association.
- Good standing certificate - if more than 1 year has passed since the registration of the company.
- Some text
- Bank recommendation for the beneficiary of the company.
- The organizational chart is required by the bank in case one of the main shareholders owning 10% or more of the company’s voting shares is a legal entity. The scheme should reflect the legal relationship between the ultimate owner of the company - a natural person and shareholders - legal entities.
- Seal of the company.
- Standard Chartered Bank accepts documents in English or Chinese. When providing English-Chinese documents in case of non-identity of their content, preference is given to the content in English. If the documents are in any other language, their officially certified translation into English is required;
- If the corporate director is established in the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Bermuda or Belize, then it is necessary to submit a Certificate of Incumbency issued by the registered agent no earlier than 3 months from the time of submission to the bank, containing information about the registered address and directors.
The minimum requirements for entering the bank are
- or $100.000 on deposit
- several hundred thousand annual turnover, but in this case, account maintenance costs 2 times more than with the option
- or $3.000.000 of annual turnover.
Account opening time
Account opening time:
Straight2Bank system (bank-client program);
online banking; sending payment orders by mail;
fax using code words.
The bank representative conducts an interview. You are provided with the necessary banking documents, the bank on the appointed day holds a video conference with you via Skype at the company’s office.
The total balance of the bank account, depending on its type, must be at least HK$50,000 (HK$100,000)
After opening an account, you need to deposit at least HK$1,000 in order for the bank to send you funds to manage your account via the Internet in the Straight2Bank system.
- Documentary banking operations;
- Internet banking services;
- Corporate card issuance services;
- Letters of credit;
Hong Kong is rightfully considered one of the world's largest financial centers with one of the highest concentrations of financial institutions in the world. 71 of the 100 largest banks in the world have their branches here. There are 211 financial institutions in Hong Kong representing the interests of 31 countries.
About the Bank
Standard Chartered Bank was founded in Hong Kong in 1859. Currently, SCB is one of three Hong Kong banks authorized to issue banknotes. The bank's shares were listed on the London and Hong Kong stock exchanges. SCB has over 30,000 employees and over 500 offices in 50 countries. On July 1, 2004, the bank merged its Hong Kong branches, namely: Standard Chartered Bank, Manhattan Card Company Limited, Standard Chartered Finance Limited, Standard Chartered International Trade Products Limited and Chartered Capital Corporation Limited. The bank is currently a licensed lending institution in Hong Kong and operates under the name Standard Chartered Bank (HK) Limited.