Form of government:Unitary
Area:603 549 км2
Company registration in Ukraine
Stages of company registration
The main types of companies that are made in Ukraine are as follows:
- Creation and approval of a business plan.
- Meeting of founders of a future enterprise based on a parent company. At this stage, the approval of goals, statutory provisions, the size of the initial capital, the choice of directorate of the future enterprise take place.
- Procedure for registration of an enterprise in state bodies.
- Registration of investments.
- Issue of a certificate of VAT payment (if necessary).
- Issue of licenses, permissions, certificates.
Requirements for the company
List of documents for foreign founders:
- documentary evidence of registration of a parent company outside Ukraine;
- the Articles of a subsidiary;
- the decision of the parent company to establish a controlling enterprise;
- power of attorney from the management of the parent company for conducting business in Ukraine;
- copies of the founders’ documents;
- lease agreement and other documents confirming receipt of the legal address.
In addition, the founders must pay the registration fee, certify all documents notarially and provide copies in the Ukrainian language.
Organizational and legal forms
The opening of a subsidiary in Ukraine is very popular with foreign investors. There are 3 business forms:
- subsidiary with a simple dependency;
- subsidiary with decisive dependence;
- simple holding
When using a simple form, the dependency of the subsidiary’s decision is blocked by the parent one. Any issues are resolved by a majority vote and necessarily in accordance with the company’s statutory documents. In the case of decisive dependence, the parent company plays a leading role in the authorized capital and the formation of controlling shares. Antitrust Committee agrees to establish decisive dependence.
A subsidiary has the right to create branches, representative offices and its own subsidiaries, thus forming a simple holding company.